Contact Us

Primary School: 01635 573 800

Secondary School: 01635 244 200

FAQ’s on funding

After looking through our site, you may still have some unanswered questions.  Below are some frequently asked questions which may be of help to you.

Will my Local Authority fund Mary Hare?

Funding is decided on an individual basis dependent on your child's needs.  We work with almost all Local Authorities.  Around 50% of places are funded from the start.  The other 50% will require further talks and possibly a tribunal to decide an outcome.  You will get support from us through this process.

My child has made good progress at Primary School but I am unsure about our local Secondary School.

Secondary school is a very different place!  Why has your child done well at Primary School?  Is it because it is a smaller environment?  Or maybe he or she has made friends easily and does not feel different?  Consider these reasons and decide what type of secondary environment would be right for your child.  Make sure you know how much progress your child has made and why.  This will then help you justify your choice of secondary school.

What support will I get for a tribunal?

If you are appealing about the name of school in the EHCP then you have 2 months from the date of the letter to register your appeal.  Once you know the date of your tribunal, let us know.  We will support you through the process alongside a Family Officer or Educational Lawyer.  We will help you put your case before the independent tribunal and will send one or two members of staff as witnesses on the day.

Is there a bursary fund?

The 16-19 Bursary Fund provides financial help for young people aged 16 to 19 who face barriers to staying in education.  You may be eligible for a bursary fund provided by the Education Funding Authority (EFA).  Bursaries are available either on a needs basis or to young people in care, care leavers, young people in receipt of Income Support in their own name, or young people in receipt of both ESA and DLA.  There are two types of bursary available:

  • bursaries of £1,200 a year for the most bulnerable young people; and
  • discretionary bursaries based on individual need such as help with the costs of travel, equipment or meals.

Further information can be found on the .gov website.

How are international students funded?

International student are generally privately funded.  A year's fees are payable in advance.