Autumn (7 wks)
Winter (7 wks)
Spring (11 weeks)
Summer (11 wks)
• How do we learn about the past?
• What was Britain like before 1066?
• Who should be King in 1066?
• What happened at Stamford Bridge?
• What happened at the battle of Stanford bridge?
• Why did William win the battle of Hastings?
• How did William use castles, the Domesday Book and the feudal System to control England?
• How religious were people in the Middle Ages?
• What was the Black Death?
• Who healed the sick in Medieval Times?
• What was it like to live in a village and town during the Middle Ages?
• What was Britain like in 1509?
• How did Henry V111 fall out with the pope?
• Remember, remember the 5th of November.
• What was life like in Tudor England?
• What can we learn about the Plague from Contemporary sources?
• What was the cause and consequence of the Great Fire of London?
• What were Wilberforce and Equiano’s links with the slave trade?
• Continue Slave Trade?
• What was life like for different classes during the Industrial Revolution?
• What were Victorian schools like?
• Was Britain a healthier nation in the 19th century?
• What were the causes of the First World War?
• Why did men rush to join up in 1914?
• What happened to men who refused to fight?
• What challenges were face by soldiers in the trenches?
• What methods were used by suffragists and suffragettes?
• What was the social, economic and political consequences of World
• How did Hitler come to power?
• What was life like in Nazi Germany?
• How did Nazi policies towards Jewish people change 1939-45?
• How effective was propaganda in Britain during the Second World War?
• What was the Windrush?
• Asess the significant changes, developments,