Module Aims - MSc Educational Audiology Stand-Alone Modules, 2021-22
Development of Communication – Listening, Language and Speech – Semester A
- Develop a critical awareness of current research and materials on child communication development and of how this is used by an educational audiologist as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Evaluate and provide information and advice to families in effective liaison with Audiology Services and other multi-disciplinary team
Family Friendly and Multi-Agency Working – Semester B
- Provide a critically reflective audiological and habilitation service to children and young people who are deaf and their families using methods in line with current research and protocols.
- Critically evaluate the role of the educational audiologist within the multidisciplinary team and refine their liaison skills with other professionals.
*Psychoacoustics – Semester A
- Review the positions of key literature in psychoacoustics and relate arguments to this proposing alternatives combinations or solutions
- Evaluate current research on the developmental nature of auditory processing and relate a child’s behaviour to this.
- Link perceptual outcomes with different types of hearing loss
*Whole Case Management – Semester B
Develop theory, methods and practice related to an appropriate management plans for habilitation taking into account
- Audiological assessment and habilitation
- Needs of the child and family
- Developmental factors including communication
- Aetioloical/medical factors
- Multidisciplinary working
- Critical evaluation of effectiveness.
*Recommended background can be discussed upon enquiry.
To learn more about the opportunities and modules on offer, please click here